Working with Rootroute
No full-time position at present.
However Certain projects could use contract work.
Some technical skills Rootroute can use:
- Fluent english.
- Familiar with web hosting environment.
- Confortable with using email as a major work interaction.
- Confortable talking on the phone with co-workers and customers.
- Confortable to spend time on the shell/xterm.
- Fluent with at least 2 or 3 programming languages from either:
C, shell, perl, ruby, python, php.
- Basic networking: HTTP, ICMP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, DNS, FTP, SSH.
- Other networking: SSL/TLS, BGP4, IPv6, SSL/TLS, Packet Filter, IPSec, tunneling.
- Helping customers: CGI, apache mod_(perl|python|ruby|php), Mason.
- Helping customers: HTML and web publishing/uploading/downloading.
- Software: OpenBSD, postfix, apache 1&2, djbdns, mailman, qmail.
- Any anti-email-abuse sub-systems, such as spamassassin, amavis, procmail.
- Familiarity with Makefile/autoconf, porting compiled software, and installation issues.
- Perl and shell scripting for sysadmin.
- Monitoring software, such as Nagios, mailgraph, MRTG, RDDTools.
- Familiarity with NOC and Data center environments, or in the ISP/Colocation/IX/Telco industries.
- You use security software and can write scripts to detects undesirable system or network usages.
- BSD kernel programming, OS Stability.
- Standard business skills. Organised, and direct in communication.
- Customers are from 20+ countries, so a flexible reading/hearing is sometimes needed.
Being Bilingual is an advantage, particularly chinese, japanese, french, german.
- Server hardware maintainance.
- If you have or have been a customer, or if you have worked for a RootR.net's customer,
it is an advantage.
- You can write a FAQ, or an intruction sheet.
- You can translate technical jargon to end-user english.
- You can translate end-user english to time-aware technical necessities.
Contacting Rootroute for work hires:
- If not living in San-Jose, you must have some experience in remote-working,
strongly self-disciplined, and have at least your own, quiet room where you work from.
Rootroute reimburse the international phone bills of contract workers.
- Rootroute customers tend to be more "technical" than the usual web hosting ISPs,
due to the variety of offerings.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, in plain text:
- The first part should be a descriptive introduction to yourself,
contains what you look for in your expectations,
and the competences you think rootr.net could use.
10 to 30 lines max.
- The second part a full resume in plain ascii text, from 50 to 200 lines.
We can read other formats, but they are not accepted.
- Also include: Full name, Location, Nationality.
Do not send us email if you don't believe Rootroute is a fair company.
Resumes are marked as outdated after 6 months.
For contracts involving scripting, 1 or 2 short scripts demonstrating command of a programming language.
We don't need complex or brain-storming scripts, just basic, working things. If you participate
in open-source projects, send the project url, and source downloads url.